Our Environmental Credentials
Flamingo Paperie takes its responsibilities to its Partners, artists, suppliers, staff and the environment very seriously. They try our best to make a positive contribution to the world we inhabit by treating stakeholders with professionalism and respect, adhering to the prescribed standards set by industry moderators and applying best practice to all issues that affect the environment such as sustainable paper sources, biodegradability and recycling. They know everyone can always do better and to that end they undertake an annual audit of their business practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Flamingo Paperie and all their leading print suppliers have, or are striving towards, full compliance with ISO14001, the international accreditation standard for environmental management, or EMAS (the Eco-Management & Audit Scheme).
- FP give preference to totally chlorine-free paper products.
- They work withsuppliers to ensure that the virgin fibre we purchase comes from independently certified and well-managed forests, which reject illegal and/or destructive logging, and which are regulated by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes (PEFC) or an equivalent standard.
- Their flittering (that's the sparkly bits) is biodegradable
- Recyclable cello bags
- They encourage recycling by the consumer by having a ‘recycle me’ message on the back of our cards.
- One of their suppliers makes deliveries in a vehicle powered by recycled chip fat!
- They are working towards the exclusive use of vegetable-based inks ensuring all our products are printed using low, or no, alcohol printing techniques eliminating the Volatile Organic Compound emissions, which are harmful to health and contribute to global warming and the destruction of ozone.
If you send your friends and family a card a week for a year, it is the equivalent paper usage of just one week’s Sunday newspaper……and 52 opportunities to spark joy!